Pregnancy is the most beautiful thing to happen in a human life. A mother is reborn when she listens to the tiny heart beat the first time. She fondles her baby’s first kick and remembers she is never alone. A baby makes love stronger, days shorter, home happier and above all makes the future worth living for. There are many out there trying to get pregnant and enter the new world of happiness and joy.
Here are some tips to get pregnant. The guide helps to get prepared to get pregnant
How does pregnancy happen?
The reproductive cell of the man called the sperm has to fuse with the reproductive cell of the woman called the egg. They fuse together to form an egg. The egg implants on the walls of the uterus and starts to develop into a baby. The website explains the process of getting pregnant, women reproductive health, men reproductive health in detail.
Symptoms of early pregnancy
Seldom people tend to miss the early pregnancy symptoms. The symptoms are as follows:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Swollen and tender breasts
- Missed cycles.
How to find the ovulating time or the right time?
Ovulation is the process when the egg is released from the ovaries. The eggs travel through the fallopian tube (the tube connecting ovaries and uterus) and reach uterus. The fusion of sperm and eggs form in the fallopian tube.
The following things should be noted to find the right ovulating time:
- Observe the length of the menstrual cycle. For some it is around 26 to 28 days and for the rest it is around 30 days.
- Ovulation occurs around 10 to 16 days before the cycle starts.
- The cervical mucus is more slippery at the time of ovulation. It is wetter and clearer.
- There is rise in body temperature at the time of ovulation
- One can also use predictor kits. The kits measure the level of hormones in the urine and can predict the ovulation period.
How long does a sperm live?
The sperm lives for 5 days after it enters the woman’s body. Therefore, even if the couple miss the accurate ovulating time, there are chances of positive results.
How to improve the health of the sperm?
- Avoid smoking. Too much smoking can even lead to impotency
- Keep the weight under control
- Avoid contact with pollution especially with toxins like pesticides and heavy metals
- Limit the consumption of alcohol.
- Be relaxed and tension free. Meditate to calm down and stay peaceful and happy.
How to increase the chances of getting pregnant?
- The first and foremost criteria to get pregnant is for both the partners to stay healthy.
- Medical conditions like asthma, obesity, diabetes affect pregnancy
- More than 80% of the couple can conceive within a year provided
- They do not use contraceptive pills
- Have intercourse regularly (once in 3 days)
- Being over weight and under weight affects the chances of getting pregnant. This is because it affects the regularity and consistency of the menstrual cycle which is the root of conception. The BMI should be as follows
- Men – less than 30
- Women – less than 30 and more than 19
- Smoking and drinking also affect pregnancies
How long does it take to get pregnant?
It is impossible to say a specific time line. It is different for different women. There are other factors that influence the chances of conceiving. They are
- Age – Chances are less if the women is nearing her puberty
- General health
- Reproductive health
- Good sex life. To learn about improving sex life visit the website.
What are the fertility factors that affect pregnancy?
- Hormonal disorder like poly cystic ovaries, hypothyroid or hyperthyroid conditions
- Obesity and excessive exercises
- Blockages in fallopian tubes, Endometriosis
- Low sperm count. Less mobility of sperm
How soon can the pregnancy be tested?
Pregnancy tests are reliable from the first day of missed period. If one is not sure about the date, it is good to wait at least for 3 weeks. The pregnancy kits check for the pregnancy hormone HCG – Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin in urine. This hormone is produced only after the baby is conceived. For some the levels can be minimal at the beginning stages for the kits to diagnose it wrong. So, it is advisable to wait for a 2 to 3 weeks after the cycle is skipped.
Are home pregnancy kits accurate?
Yes. The kits are accurate as long as the user follows the instructions correct. Increased alcohol levels in the blood will result in wrong results. Never make the test too early. Wait for the right time.
What is the diet to be followed during pregnancy?
A healthy diet is the most important factor while planning a pregnancy. Here are some of the healthy diet for the mother and baby to stay healthy
- No need to eat for two. It is fact that pregnant ladies are hungrier than usual. Even if she is expecting twins a healthy balanced stomach filling diet would suffice
- Have healthy and nutritious breakfast every day.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. They help in digestion and prevent constipation. Eat at least 5 portions of fruits and vegetables every day. It includes dried, canned, juiced, fresh and frozen.
- Carbohydrates are important source of energy during pregnancy. Have starchy foods. It includes maize, millet, pasta, noodles, chips, oats, millet, bread, yams, etc.
- Diary products like milk, cheese, yogurt is must to be included in every day diet.
- Include protein rich foods like pulses, fish, eggs, beans and meat. Avoid eating raw or partially cooked eggs.
- Avoid foods that are rich in sugar. Sugar is converted to glucose and fat. Rather than sugar one can have more starchy foods.
Visit the website to learn what not to eat during pregnancy.